About our Gourmet Tahitian Vanilla from Papua New Guinea
- Our Gourmet Vanilla from Indonesia (also called Bourbon Vanilla) is an indispensable ingredient for pastry, desserts, creams, cocktails, flavored cold and hot drinks, ice creams and chocolates.
- Vanilla from Indonesia is a top-quality gourmet vanilla. These pods are among the best vanillas on the world market because of its excellent results - high vanillin content, ideal moisture (25-30%) and size.
- Of all crops, vanilla is the most demanding of human labor in its processing, because the entire processing and cultivation is done by hand without the use of tools. Therefore, vanilla is one of the most expensive spices in the world, it is nicknamed the queen among spices.
- Vanilla bean is a capsule of certain kind of orchid of the genus Vanilla. These are liana plants that must be regularly checked. They only bloom for a few hours, during which time they must be hand crushed, which then ripens for 6-9 months. The fruits are then processed shortly before ripening. Over the next 8 months, the fruits will mature as we know them.
- Our vanilla comes from Indonesia. They are 100% locally grown, hand-made (hand-polished). We work with local farmers to promote long-term sustainable employment, price stability, and the best quality.